User Behavior Policy
RPL established the following policies for library use. Failure to comply with staff directive (whether documented or not) may result in expulsion from the library.
We ask that you:
- Be mindful of your personal property and do not leave anything unattended.
- Staff is not responsible for holding or watching items and is not responsible for its security.
- Items left unattended may be viewed as suspicious and be removed from the library
- Properly dispose of trash
- Bins are available throughout the library. If you can not find a bin, please ask a librarian for the location of one.
- Please turn down phone volume and take any phone calls outside to limit disruption to other patrons
- Remain fully clothed, including footwear
- Supervise children
- Staff is not responsible for unattended children anywhere in the library and can not be asked to watch a child while in the library.
- Ask a staff member before posting materials on the bulletin board or anywhere in the library.
- Staff reserves the right to approve/deny any request for materials being posted throughout the building.
The following behaviors are prohibited
- Any and all illegal activity
- Staff reserves the right to call the police without warning
- Consumption of drugs or alcohol, tobacco, e-cigs (vapes) or drugs on library property
- Appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Disruptive behavior that interferes with library use by others or with library staff duties
- Sexual harassment, misconduct or any other type of harassment
- Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
- Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex, appearance or performance. Such as “You do your job well for a woman”
- Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.
- For more information, please refer to https://www.eeoc.gov/sexual-harassment and the City of Revere Human Resources department
- Damaging or theft of library materials and property
- Please reference MA General Laws Part IV Title I Chapter 266 Section 100
- Providing false ID to obtain a library card
- Please reference MA General Laws part IV Title I Chapter 266 Section 99A
- Obscene or offensive language
- Misuse of restrooms
- Bathrooms are for single use except for guardians of small children
- Bathrooms are not to be used for bathing, tooth brushing or laundry
- Animals other than service animals
- Eating/Drinking except in designated areas or times
- Use of audio equipment at excessive volumes
- Entering staff only areas without permission
- Sleeping or napping
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE LIBRARIES ESTABLISHED POLICIES MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF LIBRARY PRIVILEGES OR BEING TRESPASSED FROM THE LIBRARY