The Revere Public Library welcomes, values and encourages members of the community to volunteer their time and talents to enrich and expand library services. Volunteers may be used on a regular basis to assist staff, or for special events, projects, and activities. Services provided by volunteers go a long way towards helping the library reach its maximum potential.
- Volunteers are selected based on their qualifications in relation to the needs of the library at any given time, and based on their ability to commit to a consistent schedule of volunteer hours. Selection of volunteers is the responsibility of the Director and the City of Revere.
- Prospective volunteers are requested to fill out an application form and will be interviewed by one of the above individuals. The Library will make every effort to match volunteers to the available jobs. RPL reserves the right to deny a volunteer position to anyone it feels is unqualified for the available jobs based on the application and interview.
- Volunteers will be assigned to a staff member who will explain their duties and be available to help them with any questions/concerns.
- The Revere Public Library can not guarantee a permanent schedule. We will do our best to work with a volunteer’s availability based on what works for the library.
- Volunteers should not be asked to do additional work that has not been assigned to them by the staff member they are reporting to.
- Volunteers are expected to act in accordance with library policies and to reflect positive customer service attitudes to all library patrons.
- If a volunteer is approached by a patron with a question, the volunteer is expected to identify themselves as such and refer the patron to a staff member.
- Volunteers are not allowed to answer phones or check patrons in/out unless adequately trained and explicitly told to do so by their supervisor.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Revere Public Library, please contact us at email@example.com for an application form.